20090812

Shaq, Meet Tony Hawk

The past week or so it has been like a lost and found in my room. Several things I thought were gone forever were found again. This is where Shaq and Tony Hawk come into play.

Let’s start with Shaq. Shaq was my favorite basketball player when I was little. He was just cool. When LEGO put out special NBA sets with mini-figs and a card, I bought several. One of those sets included Shaq. A few months ago, I was organizing those mini-figs and Shaq was nowhere to be found. I resigned myself to the fact that I probably left Shaq somewhere and moved on with my life.

Last week, I was doing major cleaning that didn’t really work and BAM! Shaq appeared in a box of papers. He must have fallen out of his box when that box was being kept in the box of papers.

Now, let’s talk about Tony Hawk. Two years ago, there was nothing I liked better to do than play Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 on the Gameboy Advance. Rune Glifberg was my favorite character to play, and I get a rush from making him rack up a bunch of points. But one day, Tony Hawk disappeared. I searched high. I searched low. I wished I could ollie and grind just one more time.

While cleaning, I picked up a rolling under the bed box. What falls out but the Tony Hawk game! I had rolled the box places several times, but the game was stuck in a crevice by the wheel and fell out when the box was picked up and its captor loosened its grip.

I’m only writing about this for one reason. Rune Glifberg recently won a medal at the X-Games. Then two of my favorite possessions reappeared. I thought for sure they were gone forever .Some people I know would disagree with me on this, but I am a believer in luck, and coincidences. I try not to because my rituals before and during an Arsenal game never seem to work, but I can’t help it. Shaq, meet Tony Hawk. You guys were lost, but you magically reappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment