20090815

Arsenal 6-1 Everton (A)

I don’t know what I was so worried for. Arsenal did just fine today. My pre-game nervousness was a little worse than usual, but I think I was afraid Arsenal would pull a stunt only they know how to pull and lose.

It was the first game of the season. A new beginning. And I’m not sure if we are weaker or stronger than when we finished last season. Emanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure were sold to Manchester City. (Adebayor actually scored three minutes into City’s game and Toure played in their line-up too) Thomas Vermaelen was brought in from Ajax. We have Andrei Arshavin- a good buy since last January. Eduardo is back from his horrific injury. We have Fabregas.

But the injured list is still a little long. Theo Walcott should be back in a few days, I think. Fabianski is gonna be out for a few months. So is Samir Nasri, with his broken leg. Tomas Rosicky is having hamstring issues right now. I guess a few more weeks after 18 months is bearable.

I’m just gonna have to wait to see if the opeining day result is going to set a precedent for the season. If Arsenal can continue to win big and keep the goal difference high. It’s a different team from last year. I have heard Wenger has changed the strategy a bit. But Arsenal has a history of being boring. Of letting people down. People are complaining that four years without silverware is too long. Maybe this year is the year to end what is in my opinion, a small drought.

Today was a good game.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15082009/58/premier-league-gunners-bang-six-past-everton.html

No comments:

Post a Comment