20090926

Fulham 0-1 Arsenal (A)

I was thinking about what I write about, and I feel like I’m imitating Nick Hornby. Nick Hornby, the brilliant man who wrote Fever Pitch, and several other fiction and not so fiction books. Fever Pitch is about Hornby’s obsession with Arsenal. I want you to read the book, but I will say that he relates Arsenal matches with different periods and events in his life. Kind of like how I do it.




Back to Arsenal. Fulham is a decent team. I respect them, a mid-table team who puts up a decent fight. Arsenal scored courtesy of Robin van Persie, the Dutchman who sometime has trouble making it in. Vito Mannone, a keeper I had never heard of until a match late last season, was keeper for Arsenal. Almunia and Fabianski are both out because of injury and/or illness, so Mannone got the job.He seems to do a decent job. Tomas Rosicky came on in the 69th minute for Arshavin. Hopefully Rosicky can work his way back up to starting consistently instead of coming on as a sub.



Today was a decent day. It started out sunny enough. Now it’s raining. I got three hours of outside work in today. Upon getting home, I cleaned up, did some chores, and did nothing else really productive. We went to Dickson City to do the usual weekend shopping. We ended up at Borders, and before I got there, I was considering buying something. Their music selection is now horrible. Their prices were always high, but now they don’t have hardly and CDs worth buying. And I feel they don’t have as good of a book selection now either. It’s because they’re moving things around. Picture me being confused and wandering around the store to find where they relocated the sports books section. Very disappointing.



I’ll get off my small soapbox now. I’ve got homework to consider doing, music to listen to, and sleep to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment