20090929

Breakthrough

I think I might be one of the only person I know of who reads the liner notes in CDs. Sometimes it’s hard to read the small print, but nuggets of wealth can be found. It’s always interesting to see which songwriters and musicians get around to a bunch of different people. It can also be interesting to read what an artist writes on a personal note.




I was reading the liner notes in Colbie Caillat’s CD Breakthrough and I found this written inside:


Hi! These songs are about growing up, experiencing life, love, making mistakes, and learning from them. I recently learned something about myself. For a lot of us, when life gets hard to deal with & keep up with, it becomes easier to give up on & let go of. I found myself doing that a lot & I was slowly falling apart. But…I woke up from it. I realized I wasn’t happy settling for less or letting myself become someone I wasn’t supposed to be due to laziness. I had to Breakthrough my fears, my insecurities & my self doubt. There are so many battles that we all have to go through in life that are for us to learn from, we grow stronger from them. I just learned this. I want to remind myself & everyone out there that we have to Breakthrough all the little things we tell ourselves we can’t do because we are scared and just step up & do them. This record is about becoming the person you want to be, having will power & letting nothing hold you back. So try not to let great things pass you by, start making things happen that you really want in life! I hope these words help you, if you are in need of them.



Kind of a lot to read, but those are encouraging words. Sometime reminders come fro the randomest of places……

No comments:

Post a Comment