20100101

Resolutions

I've always kind of liked new years resolutions. For the past few years, I've been batting about .500 with my resolutions. Sometimes, things come up and plans get changed. Usually though,the resolutions that were broken were flexible in the first place.

Here are mine for 2010:
-Finish my Future Soldier training, do my second Army swearing-in, and complete basic training.
-Keep doing my On Track Devotions. They're a sweet plan. Here's the link for them: http://simplyapilgrim.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=123
-Have fun. It seems this is always one of my resolutions, but a person can always have more fun.....

and of course, I can relate this to music. Nick Lachey had a great track called Resolution on his album. Here's the lyrics:
Ooooh...
Nothing but an empty page
Breathing in an open space
Captured by a moment's grace...again
There's so much I left behind
Even more that waits in time
Everything so undefined
I'm standing on the edge of my fear
And I see it clear

[Chorus]:
Here's my resolution
I'm letting go
All i need to learn is along this road
And I just wanna be the best man I can be
Breath
It's my resolution

Living life without a plan
Finding solace where I stand
Learning how to love again
And all I want is something real
And that I can feel

[Chorus]:
Here's my resolution
I'm letting go
All i need to learn is along this road
And I just wanna be the best man I can be
Here's my resolution
I'm letting go
All i need to learn is along this road
And I just wanna be the best man I can be
Breathe
It's my resolution
My resolution

lyrics from sing365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment