20100118

Dear Dead Poet

Ever have one of those days when you wanted to eat everything existing in the house? That happened to me today when I got home from school. But I didn't eat the entire contents of the house. I just had some cereal and cheese. I mean, I had to save room for dinner........

But that's not why I'm posting. The other day, I wrote a poem kind of spur of the moment. I thought it was great and so did a friend. So I decided to post it here. Just remember, it's great if you want to use the poem somewhere, but it would be very nice to ask me first and to give me credit. Otherwise it could be considered plagirism.

Dear Dead Poet

Dear Dead Poet,
I know you're dead
But I gotta make a statement
It's the 21st century
I don't understand the language
Why'd you have to write
With such big words
Common people need a dictionary
You're only understood by nerds
When I read your stuff
I don't know how deep to dig
Your metaphors are great
But still, I'm just a kid
When you hide the meaning
I get all confused
Are you being literal
Or must I pay my dues
To my English teacher
To decipher what you've used

No comments:

Post a Comment