20100217

I’m not gonna kiss it goodbye

Last week I read I Kissed Dating Goodbye be Joshua Harris. It seems like half the world really loves the book and follows it to the letter. I figured I had better see what the fuss is about. I didn’t like it.



I can see where Harris comes from. He makes a bunch of good points about things. He has good concepts. I just don’t agree with them. I think some of that is we both define different things different ways. What he sees one way, I see another.



I Kissed Dating Goodbye is great for some people. It’s just not great for me. I guess now I know what the book is about. I don’t have to wonder anymore. And I can legitimately disagree with it instead of disagreeing and not knowing what is really covered in the book.

1 comment:

  1. Way to read, Jess! I agree with you - I wasn't a huge fan. Now, to make myself sound very old... when I was a freshman in college - so, 2000 - we had to read it in mr.boykins class. eeeek!
    The important thing is that you are reading and seeking and growing opinions based on truth!
    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete