20100215

5 Rings and a Few Medals

I’ve been taking a bit of a break from Arsenal. Rough losses to Chelsea and Man U and a close win over Liverpool tend to do that a bit to a person. I guess now, I should be happy that most of our rough games of the second half of the season are over and we can start to get back into the swing of the CL. We’re at Porto on Wednesday.



But I can take a break for the Arsenal because the 2010 winter Olympics are currently happening. I love the Olympics. Summer, winter, it doesn’t matter to me. I just love watching the best of the best compete for their country.
Of all the athletes to compete in my lifetime, I’ve latched on to three. Ever. Kristi Yamaguchi was my hero for the longest time when I was little. I never wanted to ice skate, but I loved watching her perform.

The past few Olympics, I’ve latched on to two other athletes. Apollo Anton Ohno is one of them. He’s a really cool guy and an amazing speed skater.

The other athlete is Kelly Clark, the snowboarder. I remember watching her compete in 2002 and going completely nuts when she took gold. I remember being disappointed when she took 4th in 2006. And today, just for the heck of it, I decided to Wikipedia her. I found out something that can make me admire her even more. Kelly Clark is a Christian.



I wish the best of luck to all competitors in the Olympics. You amaze all who watch. And I wish more luck to the tow athletes I admire; Ohno and Clark. Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment