20091203

Keep That Head Up

I guess really, this post could go one of many ways. Especially considering how Arsenal has been doing recently. I will say this: I am spoiled. I’ve gotten used to supporting winning teams. My Phils, quite possible the biggest losers in MLB history, have been doing great things recently. My Arsenal, known for being boring, known for not always being top of or near the top of the table, have been losing horribly despite doing well in recent years.


I hate to complain, but there’s really no way around it. How can you explain a 3-0 loss to Man. City in the Carling Cup?

One could blame it on injuries; there are several key players who will be out for a while with injuries. Blame it on lack of focus. The Carling Cup shouldn’t be that big of a deal, but a 3-0 loss can’t be denied. Something is off. I choose to blame it on the fact that I’m spoiled. I’ve gotten un-used to losing. I’ve lost the beauty of the game: the pure enjoyment of the perfect sport. Why else would the Carling Cup matter so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment