20091103

Alice's Restaurant and Gofrette

How my mind works sometimes....
Gofrette is a Canadian tv show on the qubo channel. I've never seen an episode, but I've seen the advertisements for it. There was a can of garbanzo beans in our cupboard. This reminded me of the fact that Gofrette has a cousin named Garbanzo. This prompted me to say 'garbanzo' like Gofrette does. My dad then took the opportunity to look at me funny and I had to explain myself.

While still repeating 'garbanzo' to myself, I thought of the Guthrie song I've only heard a few times. "Alice's Restaurant". It's an old, interesting song that is very hard to explain. In short, it's about this dude who gets arrested for littering. The chorus gets stuck in one's head very easily. lyrics here: http://www.arlo.net/resources/lyrics/alices.shtml

On other things, I was very disappointed that Manchester United equalised in their CL game. It was a 3-3 draw with a Moscow team. A Moscow player got a soft red and I believe that was what caused Manchester to equalise.
Arsenal plays tomorrow. Hope it goes well. Gael Clichy has a stress fracture in his back, so he won't be around for a few weeks. Kerian Gibbs is supposedly his replacement, so hopefully he'll perform well. It's a season of the young'uns stepping up when older members of the team are injured.......

No comments:

Post a Comment