20110618

Clarence and Dads

A quiet legend died today. Clarence Clemons, lead saxophonist for Bruce Springsteen had a stroke a few days ago and passed away today.
You could say that Bruce Springsteen's music influenced me a bit growing up. I got to do a history project my junior year and chose The Boss as my topic. Apart from his major hits, I listened to a fair amount of his discography. It was all interesting, but I especially loved his The Rising album released in 2002. There was also a quote I found and have loved ever since.
"Some people get a chance to change the world, and other people, they get a chance to make sure the world don't fall apart."
Springsteen said this quote when he was discussing his father back in 1980. I think its a great quote and its partially relevant because Fathers Day is tomorrow. I think The Boss got it right when talking about dads, especially his own. But its a great describer of my dad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment