20110214

Grammy Time Once Again

Last night was the Grammys. It's one of the three annual shows I can't miss (along with the Macy's parade and Ryan Seacrest's Rockin New Years Eve). Last night was definitely a memorable night for the Grammys. I'll share my impressions.

First off, why did they START with the Aretha tribute? Usually stuff like that is billed for later in the show, but maybe with some other big performances that was the only place to put it....

Lady Gaga.... I think they always put her early in the show so everyone will forget how weird and awful her performances were. And I wanted to punch her when she gave her acceptance speech. She was all whiny or something.

The Bruno Mars performance was great... except for a little pitchiness in the beginning. And I was impressed with the girl he performed with too even though I had never heard of her before. And the same goes for The Avett Brothers and Mumford & Sons.

Ryan Seacrest. If you know me, enough has been said.

Justin Bieber (I'm on a bit of a JB kick right now) was good, but I was especially waiting for the part with Jaden Smith. It was better than expected.

Speaking of Jaden Smith... did you see Will and Jada? They cut to them a few times during the performance and after it. The look of pride and joy on their faces was so cool to see.

Pauley Perette, of NCIS fame, presented an award.... in green. I'm not used to seeing her in that color.

The Cee Lo Green performance was interesting, colorful puppet-y, and actually very good. The addition of Gwyneth Paltrow made it even better.

Katy Perry's performance was better than I thought it would be.

Eminem's performance was great. He may not always be appropriate, but I have respect for that man. And it went up after the Chrysler Super Bowl commercial.

Seth Rogan's "I was backstage getting high with Miley Cyrus".
I think that comment made my night.

After that my feed started slowing up, so I bowed out gracefully and went to bed, but it was still a good Grammys.

No comments:

Post a Comment