20110115

Please explain.


Wonderful, lame me has recently been watching episodes of the first season of The Sing Off. With the exception of the final, it was my first time seeing the episodes. It was cool to see the other performances by the top 3 and change the judgments I had made for some of them.
First off, I would like to apologize to Voices of Lee for being so critical of them. Seeing them on the final the first time I had wondered how they got there. They were actually better in the other episodes and their performance with Natasha Bedingfield on the final got better the second time around.
Now, on to the Beelzebubs. They were the ones I wanted to win, but didn’t. Their performances in the previous episode were entertaining and all around good. I still listen to their performance of “Where is the Love?” a lot.
Nota were good. I just didn’t like them as much. I don’t have anything else to say about that.
I had forgotten that Ben Folds had done a performance on the first season final and it was good. The one he did with Street Corner Symphony of his song “Gone” was even better and I think-sing it in my head all the time.
Now on to my complaint. This season, all the Christians were all over Committed and supporting them in their endeavor. Why didn’t people do the same for Voices of Lee? I don’t remember seeing anything rallying Christians to support them. Was it because they were a college group? Was it because it was only the first season of The Sing Off and no one knew anything about them or the show? Does some one have an explanation? These are the types of questions I stay awake wondering about at night.
I’ll try not to think too hard about it. I watched the final last year because Natasha Bedingfield was supposed to be performing and because Nick Lachey is awesome and a good host. And that seems to be about the only job he can get these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment