20100315

Big Kid

Yesterday, I got told a few things by a wonderful three year old.


1. I was a big kid. (No surprise there)

2. Big kids can’t play with the toys or have fun.

That second fact was news to me. I guess I’ve been breaking the rules all these years with my toy playing and fun having.

But sometimes I think people (Christians especially) have that same mentality of being a Christian. No ‘playing with toys’ or having fun when you grow up and become God’s kid. God wouldn’t want us to have FUN would he? God’s a funsucker. That’s not true. God wants what is best for his kids. God wants his kids to have fun. Yeah, there are parts that aren’t fun. But there’s a lot more that is fun. I am too big to fit in the play house or go down the little slide, but there’s a lot more fun to have and toys to play with. Some of my funnest moments have been while being one of God’s kids.



I may be a big kid, but it’s still a lot of fun. And that three year old will someday learn that being a big kid is a lot of fun. Will everyone else ever learn that being God’s kid is fun too?

No comments:

Post a Comment