20110809

What's Been On My Mind

Today's post shall be a conglomeration of what I've been thinking about today. Three very random topics to most people, but very important to me.

First, I'd like to discuss the dangers of PT. Every weekday morning I get to drag myself out of bed to go do PT. It's summertime in Oklahoma and all ground can be classified as well-watered grass, dead grass, or dust. PT is done in a mixture of dust and dead grass. There are a few people who like to avoid the dirt as much as possible. I can partially understand why; sweat and dust makes mud. But I would prefer it if we did PT in the dust. Today, I got cut by the grass. I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out, but now it hurts. And I wish people were a little more willing to get dirty in the name of safety.

Next, I will move on to Gatorade. I love the stuff. I mix my own and there's a few colors that are practically inhaled when I get my hands on them. I now have another product to add to my Gatorade 'like' list. Pro Recover in chocolate flavor. It's considered a protein shake and tastes like a really thin chocolate milkshake. I'd had some of the fruitier flavored Recovers before and wasn't that impressed because its a milk-based product and I don't associate milk and fruit flavor mixed together. Chock it up to my wonderful 4-year-old experimentation of mixing milk and orange juice and then having to drink it.

Finally, I've been thinking a lot about the Tottenham Riots. When the news first came up I laughed a little; simply because I have a strong hatred for Tottenham Hotspur. Now I'm a little frustrated. I compare it to hooliganism without the football element. And to me, that makes it completely stupid and pointless. Plus, matches are being postponed because of the violence and I find that not cool because going without football is sad. I also had the thought about how it will affect other countries impressions a year before the 2012 Olympics (I love the Olympics). I guess I'm not the only one wondering that because I've seen a few news articles on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment