20091031

Arsenal 3-0 Sp*rs/Sc*m

Today was a London derby. Arsenal FC versus Tottenham Hotspur. I can gladly say that Arsenal won. Spurs are Arsenal’s arch-rival. Please don’t ask me the history. I just know that it goes back a long time (today was the 145th derby) and I’m not supposed to like Tottenham. I guess this is how hatred like the Celtic/Rangers rivalry continues. At first you don’t understand, but as you go along, your dislike grows and you truly believe your cause……




But back to the game. It was spectacular. Robin van Persie scored in the 42nd minute. Cesc Fabregas scored in the 43rd minute while most commentators were still reviewing van Persie’s goal. Van Persie scored again in the 60th. Manuel Almunia was back in goal replacing the decent newcomer Mannone. It just seemed to be an all around good game for Arsenal and they finished the day with third spot on the table, just ahead of their friends the Spurs. I might sing a few anti-Spurs songs, but they aren’t very nice so I won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment